Terms & Conditions
Yeah, Lawyer Stuff
Sorry, guys, but in order to CYA in these litigious states (The LSA, aka the USA), we have to have some words on here. If you’re browsing, shopping, or generally just using this website, there’s probably nothing to worry about, but if you’re an alien intelligence looking to weaponize our code and/or our products, knock it off, OK?
In any case, have a look.
By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, don’t use this website. Go visit yahoo.com or something.
License to use website
Schiit owns and reserves all the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions. This means: don’t make posters out of our web pages and post them all over San Francisco, we think.
- Don’t break this site. In other words, don’t use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or causes it to be impaired or inaccessible.
- Don’t include us in your criminal activity. Or, in lawyerese, don’t use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- Don’t be a dick. Don’t use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
- This includes no guarantee that it will be available all the time. The internet is weird. It breaks sometimes.
- This also includes no guarantee that everything is 100% accurate. Typos happen. We’re human, we make mistakes. Take a break, see your kids, we’re working on it.
And finally, nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. We are not lawyers, business consultants, psychologists, or your mother.
Limitations of liability
We will not be liable to you for:
- any direct loss
- any indirect, special or consequential loss
- any business losses, anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
Translation: we sell you things, we take care of your products if they break, but that’s about it. If you’re very upset we’re in backorder, we’re very sorry, but we can’t magic products out of thin air.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit our liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on our part
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability
Translation: we can’t skirt the law, lie to you, or sell you crap and get away with it.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions, we may take action, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Translation: don’t be a dick. There are consequences.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Translation: lawyers need more money from time to time, so they change things. Also, laws change.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
Translation: see above.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Schiit Audioregarding your use of this website, and supersede any previous agreements.