Windows Drivers for Bifrost USB Input
If you own a Schiit Bifrost, and want to use the USB input with a PC, you’ll need to use our USB drivers. These drivers work with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP systems. Download the complete package here:
Once you’ve downloaded the drivers:
1. Go to your Downloads folder (or Desktop, or wherever you had Windows put the drivers.)
2. Double-Click on the U6631_U6631A-1.01.zip archive to expand it.
3. Click on the folder: U6631_U6631A-1.01 folder to open it.
4. Connect Bifrost with a standard USB cable.
5. Double-click on “setup.exe.” This will automatically select the correct driver for your version of Windows.
6. Follow the prompts from the installation program to install the drivers. You may have to restart your computer.
7. In your Control Panel/Audio Devices, select “Schiit USB Interface” or “Speakers: USB Interface.”
8. Enjoy your music!
Other Computers and USB Input
Mac: If you are using a Mac, you don’t need drivers for USB–just plug in and go.
Linux: If you are using a Linux distro that conforms to the USB Audio 2.0 standard, you also do not need drivers for USB. It should be plug and play, just like a Mac. However, we do not support or troubleshoot Linux systems.